Release date:2021, March
Author:Eincode by Filip Jerga
What you’ll learn
- The practical approach by creating cool games
- Fundamentals and core concepts of game development
- Create a RPG game with tons of features
- Math explanations behind the code.
Minimal C# or other OOP language knowledge
What is Unity?
Unity is a cross-platform engine. The Unity editor is supported on Windows, macOS, and the Linux platform, while the engine itself currently supports building games for more than 25 different platforms, including mobile, desktop, consoles, and virtual reality.
What we are going to build?
The course is covering the development of 3 games. Starting with basic concepts explained in a simple game and finishing with more advanced concepts by creating an RPG sandboxed game. The course is covering a full explanation of programming methods and related mathematics concepts.
The course is starting with easy concepts, targeting beginner developers or developers that are new to Unity, and then slowly progressing into more difficult topics.
Project 1 (Evade the cubes)
The first part of the course is covering basic concepts. Students will get familiar with the Unity editor and environment.
- Base game mechanics
- Orientation in 3D space
- Positions of game objects + Vectors
- Simple movement system
- Score system
- Health system
- Materials & prefabs
- UI & Canvas
Project 2 (Platform Survival)
The second part of the course is focused on the physic system.
- RigidbodiesPhysic system
- Movement + rotations
- Follow camera
- Adding forces
- Following targets
Project 3 (Rpg Adventure)
The last part of the course is covering more advanced concepts and the development of sandboxed RPG game.
- Character controllerCinemachine
- 3rd person camera and full movement
- 3rd party packages & models
- Fight system + Combos
- Enemies + Detection systemQuest System
- Level System
- Health System
- Dialog system
- Inventory System
- Weapon equipping
- Terrain design
Who is Course for?
- People looking for the practical game development guide
- Beginner developers eager to start with game development
- Experienced developers discovering new development opportunities