Duration:01 h 06 m
In this class, I’ll teach you how to paint an orchid using digital watercolors in Procreate. You’ll learn my step-by-step technique so that, afterward, you can apply it to whatever subject matter you choose.
In this class, you will learn the following:
- How to work from reference pictures and use the liquify tool to make them fit your style
- How to layer different colors, textures, and brush strokes to create a controlled watercolor technique that resembles painting wet on dry.
- How to enhance your drawing after it’s done
- Setting up your canvas
- Installing your brushes and color palettes
- Preparing your reference images
- Creating the watercolor paper texture effect
- Painting the different elements
- Layering colors, details, and brush strokes to create the watercolor effect
- Adding the finishing details
This class is suited for all levels. If you’re a beginner, you can learn the whole process, and if you’re a pro, you can learn how I create my watercolor effects and how my brushes perform.
For this class, you will need the following:
- iPad with the Procreate app installed
- Preferably an Apple Pencil so you can take full advantage of the brush pressure sensitivity capabilities