Release date:2022, November 21
Duration:06 h 10 m
Level-up your 3D lighting skills by watching a premium 6+ hour course that offers a step-by-step guide for setting up cinematic lighting in Blender.
It’s all really simple: lighting is everything! After all in order to see ANYTHING we NEED light. As 3D artists we all know this obvious truth but we’re still too often guilty of spending WAY more time on the modeling and barely a thought to the lighting when it’s that which makes or breaks a scene.
The Secret of Lighting That is NOT FLAT
Does it sound familiar? “Sometimes a scene can just look so ‘meh’ or lack any feeling? No matter what I do, lighting just… looks ‘too CG’ and lifeless?”
It may look like some successful lighting artists just intuitively ‘know’ what to do and naturally have the ‘eye’. Whether it is conscious or not they will be using a kind of to-do list for where to place the lights, how to set the right levels and so on.
If you simply tick most or even some of the boxes from this list, it will instantly improve the result. Good news: it’s not rocket science, lighting in Blender can be learned fairly easily if you know where to start.
WHAT IS THIS COURSE ABOUT?
- A premium 6+ hour step-by-step guide for lighting in Blender
- Learn to light character shots, still life (and object) shots and 3D environments
- Get to know Cycles AND Eevee lighting workflows
- Project Files: get all environments shown in the course and useful assets such as node groups, textures and models
- Closed Captions (English) manually edited for all videos
- A full explanation of all the qualities of lighting that help any render feel more alive and cinematic
Gleb Alexandrov: Award winning, coffee loving, guitar strumming 3D artist and Blender tutorial YouTuber.
6 years ago Gleb released the first tutorial project at Creative Shrimp that some of you may remember, Realistic Lighting. It was a huge and important milestone in Gleb’s artistic career. Now he presents the culmination of everything their team of 3D artists have learned about lighting since.
WHAT WILL I NEED?
This course is 100% vanilla Blender. No third-party addons or applications are required.
Rendering does require reasonable hardware though, if in any doubt check out Blender’s own recommended minimum specs here.
It would definitely help to have some familiarity with the basic Blender interface and tools. If you have JUST begun using Blender then we would recommend watching any beginner course to get yourself properly acquainted first.
- All project files included for free
- A student’s chat as well as a dedicated support channel on Discord will be available for all the course students