Release date:2022, September
In this tutorial, I’ll show you the Decal Technique for Hard Surface Environment which I used in my latest project. We’ll create a sci-fi wall using Face Weighted Normals approach and UE4 DBuffer Decals.
Ah? Do you want to create your own luxury spaceship? Look no further!
This technique can save a lot of your time and you can create even 100-meters spaceship holding high texel density without baking normal maps and texturing.
What will you receive with this purchase?
1) 5-hour step by step video tutorial. 11 parts which will show you the wall creation process, from idea to game-ready model. Including such topic as:
- Concept Stage.
- Creating Trim and Decal Sheet in NDo.
- Explaining Face Weighted Normals.
- Modeling Stage.
- Creating UE4 Project with Procedural Materials.
2) All source files.
- Concept .psd file.
- Modo and .fbx scenes (in case if you’re not a Modo user).
- NDo Project with .png textures and .psd source file.
- UE4 Project (version 4.20).
3) Do you want more? Text document with useful links for deep learning included.
The required level of knowledge: Intermediate.
- Modo (can be replaced with any 3D modeling software).
- NDo from Quixel Suite (can be replaced with a traditional hi-poly baking approach for trims creation).
- Unreal Engine 4 (it’s possible to use Unity instead with the custom shader).
All source files in this tutorial are not for commercial use and are for educational purposes only.