A non-technical, un-scientific and personal comparison of Blender Cycles, Eevee and Octane! We’re looking at lighting/rendering a large interior space in a concept design workflow. A small overview over some attractive render choices available today and how they fare in an actual work environment.
What topics are covered?
– Material and render setup for Eevee and Cycles
– Scene overview in Octane Standalone and Octane for Blender for comparison
– Quick Photoshop paintover
Who is it for?
Creatives who are interested in rendering within Blender.
What will I get?
– 2+ hour video tutorial with narration
– 3D source and scene files (OBJ, ORBX and BLEND)
– PSD file
What do I need to have before I start:
– Blender 2.8
– Octane Standalone (not required but useful)
– Intermediate knowledge of Blender and Octane
Who made this?
My name is Jan Urschel and I’m a professional concept designer and creative director working in the film and video game industry working on projects such as Captain Marvel, Ghost in the Shell, Rogue One and many more.